The Coastal Carolina Real Estate Investors Association is your best source for education and information on real estate investing in and around New Hanover County and Southeast NC. Remember, it just takes one connection to turn a dream into a profitable transaction… so join us on the second Thursday of every month!
Coastal Carolina REIA
From our monthly meetings to networking with other successful investors, CCREIA offers the inside scoop on what’s happening in the local real estate investment market. Membership has it’s privileges!
Join Our Mailing List
Our newsletter is a great way to stay informed about upcoming meetings and latest real estate happenings!
Sign up today!
Monthly Meeting Notice
Join Us the 2nd Thursday, Each Month
May 2019 Meeting Topics:
Topic 1 – How To Keep Appraisals From Killing Your Deals (☹) In A Rising Market
Topic 2 – Is Air BNB For Me?
Appraisals – Howell Graham a Partner, Joseph A. Robb and Associates will present and answer questions on the following:
- How do appraisers determine appraised value
- What methods do appraisers use?
- Do appraisers use non-MLS comps?
- If appraisers can only use previous sales how do prices go up in a rising market?
- What do I do if I sell my house higher than the most recent comps?
- Can I choose the appraiser for my property?
- How do I know if the appraiser is experienced in my area?
- What kind of commutations is an appraiser allowed to have with me?
- What are my rights or what can I do if I believe the appraiser got it wrong?
- How should can I set expectations with buyers and buyers agents in case of a low appraisal?
Air BNB – Local investor David Billito will share his experiences in the Air BNB market in Wilmington & other markets
- What is an Air BNB rental?
- How do they work?
- Do you sign a lease?
- What is they don’t leave or they steal my stuff?
- What are the local rules and ordinances? How do I find the information?
- What are the pro’s & con’s to renting this way?
- What do I need to do to get started?
- Are there property management companies handle these types of rentals for me
- How do you rent places like this?
- How profitable is it?
- Do I need special insurance or a permit?
As always, pizza and drinks will be served before the meeting begins! Come early to eat and network with other successful real estate investors!
Guests: $15 At Door (Or Pre-Pay Here)
Coastal Carolina REIA Membership
Benefits of Membership
- Free admission to monthly meetings
- Workshops (Most are free to members)
- Special interest sub-groups
- Smaller discussion groups focused on very specific aspects of investing
- Special offers from Premium Vendors
- Access To Best-in-class Local Market Updates
- Live Deal Pitching During Meetings
- Deal Pitching On Our Discussion Boards 24/7 (Coming Soon!)
Types & Costs of Membership
- Individual/Spouse Membership $100/Year
- Premium Vendor Membership $350/Year
- Web Only Vendor Membership $100/Year
Premium Vendor Membership
- Premuim Vendors promote their businesses to our members and guests. At only $350 annually, it’s a great bargain and gets your business in front of our members, guests and website visitors.
- Set up a table/booth at our monthly membership meetings (2nd Thursday of each month)
- Present a “2-minute” commercial to our meeting audience
- Business-card sized, full color ad on our website (see the Vendor Page)
- Direct link to your company website
- Direct link to your email contact
- Contact info listed with phone, fax, other.
- All the benefits enjoyed by our Individual/Spouse Members
- FREE table at our annual Vendor Expo (usually held late winter, early spring)
- Unlimited exposure to our investment-minded members, guests and website visitors!
A great value for your marketing dollar!!!
See our Vendors page for more information!
What Are You Waiting For? Join Today!
Join Our Mailing List
Our newsletter is a great way to stay informed about upcoming meetings, latest real estate happenings and member property deals! Sign up today!
- A membership in CCREIA give you great resources for all of your real estate investing needs! At only $100 per year, you and a spouse/business partner can enjoy all the benefits of CCREIA membership including free admission to our monthly educational/networking meetings, participation in our subgroups and exclusive access to the jam-packed members-only area of our website.
Premium Vendor Membership
- Premium Vendors promote their businesses to our members and guests. At only $350 annually, it’s a great bargain and gets your business in front of our members, guests and website visitors.
- Our Premium Vendors come services for all areas of the real estate investing. From mortgage brokers to real estate agents and attorneys and everything in between, investors are always looking to add to their REI team. A Premium Vendor Membership promotes your company front and center on our website and at each monthly meeting.