The Coastal Carolina Real Estate Investors Association is your best source for education and information on real estate investing in and around New Hanover County and Southeast NC. Remember, it just takes one connection to turn a dream into a profitable transaction… so join us on the second Thursday of every month!
Coastal Carolina REIA
From our monthly meetings to networking with other successful investors, CCREIA offers the inside scoop on what’s happening in the local real estate investment market. Membership has it’s privileges!
Join Our Mailing List
Our newsletter is a great way to stay informed about upcoming meetings and latest real estate happenings!
Sign up today!
Monthly Meeting Notice
Join Us the 2nd Thursday, Each Month
Meeting Topic: March 2019 – Taxes & Insurance – The Good, The Bad & The Under Insured
How Do The New Tax Law Changes Affect You And Your Investments?
McIntyre Paradis Wood & Co. CPA’s PLLC will present and answer questions on the following:
• What changed for the better or worse?
• What should we do differently when doing tax planning?
• What is recapture, how does it work, how can I minimize recapture?
• Depreciation info. What is it? How many years? What do I need to know?
• Repair write offs or other real estate expenses or write offs
• Anything we should know about tax credits, estate taxes & gifts
• Medical deductions or insurance
• Best practices in record keeping for investors
• Best advice to investors or tax payers to minimize bills
• What are you concerned about where there is limited guidance from the IRS
• Audits and other IRS issues we should know about or be prepared for
• Deductions that are often ignored or missed, Stupid mistakes…..
• Is LLC, corporation or individual best? Under what circumstances?
• Home office deductions.. When do they apply?
How To Purchase The Right Insurance At The Right Price. Everything A Real Estate Investor Needs To Know About Insurance
Wells Insurance will present information to answer all your questions on the following:
• What are the different types of insurance policies we should consider?
• What are the differences in the items different types of policies cover?
• How much can a higher deductible lower cost?
• What are some ways we could lower costs?
• How do you insure vacant property or property being renovated?
• Should people outside of flood zones consider flood insurance?
• What were your experiences with different insurance companies during the storm?
• What actions should we take to be prepared for a storm or other type of disaster?
• Who should we have on speed dial to help us during a disaster?
• What steps should we take and how should we best document a disaster?
• What if our contractors are not insured? Are we liable?
• How can we get insurance with the lowest replacement cost on the policy resulting in lower insurance premiums?
• Any tricks of the trade or ideas to get our overall insurance costs down and have good coverage?
Meeting Time & Location
Thursday, March 14,2019 6:15PM
Terraces at Sir Tyler
Guests are $15 at the door (or Pre-Pay Here)
Active military and students admitted FREE with ID
Coastal REIA Members – FREE
Look forward to seeing you Thursday!
Coastal Carolina REIA Membership
Benefits of Membership
- Free admission to monthly meetings
- Workshops (Most are free to members)
- Special interest sub-groups
- Smaller discussion groups focused on very specific aspects of investing
- Special offers from Premium Vendors
- Access To Best-in-class Local Market Updates
- Live Deal Pitching During Meetings
- Deal Pitching On Our Discussion Boards 24/7 (Coming Soon!)
Types & Costs of Membership
- Individual/Spouse Membership $100/Year
- Premium Vendor Membership $350/Year
- Web Only Vendor Membership $100/Year
Premium Vendor Membership
- Premuim Vendors promote their businesses to our members and guests. At only $350 annually, it’s a great bargain and gets your business in front of our members, guests and website visitors.
- Set up a table/booth at our monthly membership meetings (2nd Thursday of each month)
- Present a “2-minute” commercial to our meeting audience
- Business-card sized, full color ad on our website (see the Vendor Page)
- Direct link to your company website
- Direct link to your email contact
- Contact info listed with phone, fax, other.
- All the benefits enjoyed by our Individual/Spouse Members
- FREE table at our annual Vendor Expo (usually held late winter, early spring)
- Unlimited exposure to our investment-minded members, guests and website visitors!
A great value for your marketing dollar!!!
See our Vendors page for more information!
What Are You Waiting For? Join Today!
Join Our Mailing List
Our newsletter is a great way to stay informed about upcoming meetings, latest real estate happenings and member property deals! Sign up today!
- A membership in CCREIA give you great resources for all of your real estate investing needs! At only $100 per year, you and a spouse/business partner can enjoy all the benefits of CCREIA membership including free admission to our monthly educational/networking meetings, participation in our subgroups and exclusive access to the jam-packed members-only area of our website.
Premium Vendor Membership
- Premium Vendors promote their businesses to our members and guests. At only $350 annually, it’s a great bargain and gets your business in front of our members, guests and website visitors.
- Our Premium Vendors come services for all areas of the real estate investing. From mortgage brokers to real estate agents and attorneys and everything in between, investors are always looking to add to their REI team. A Premium Vendor Membership promotes your company front and center on our website and at each monthly meeting.