May 2019 Meeting Topics:
Topic 1 – Is Air BNB For Me?
Topic 2 – How To Keep Appraisals From Killing Your Deals (☹) In A Rising Market
Air BNB – Local investor David Billi to will share his experiences in the Air BNB market in Wilmington & other markets
- What is an Air BNB rental?
- How do they work?
- Do you sign a lease?
- What is they don’t leave or they steal my stuff?
- What are the local rules and ordinances? How do I find the information?
- What are the pro’s & con’s to renting this way?
- What do I need to do to get started?
- Are there property management companies handle these types of rentals for me
- How do you rent places like this?
- How profitable is it?
- Do I need special insurance or a permit?
Appraisals – Howell Graham a Partner, Joseph A. Robb and Associates will present and answer questions on the following:
- How do appraisers determine appraised value
- What methods do appraisers use?
- Do appraisers use non-MLS comps?
- If appraisers can only use previous sales how do prices go up in a rising market?
- What do I do if I sell my house higher than the most recent comps?
- Can I choose the appraiser for my property?
- How do I know if the appraiser is experienced in my area?
- What kind of commutations is an appraiser allowed to have with me?
- What are my rights or what can I do if I believe the appraiser got it wrong?
- How should can I set expectations with buyers and buyers agents in case of a low appraisal?