The Coastal Carolina Real Estate Investors Association is your best source for education and information on real estate investing in and around New Hanover County and Southeast NC. Remember, it just takes one connection to turn a dream into a profitable transaction… so join us on the second Thursday of every month!
Coastal Carolina REIA
From our monthly meetings to networking with other successful investors, CCREIA offers the inside scoop on what’s happening in the local real estate investment market. Membership has it’s privileges!
Thursday March 9, 2017
Topics & Speakers
March ’17 Topic
Life’s A Beach! Investing in Beach Properties
The Terraces at Sir Tyler
- 6:00-6:20 pm Registration and Networking
- 6:20-6:35 pm Disclosures and Introductions
- 6:35-7:00 pm
Marketing Session~Deals on investment properties!
- 7:15-8:30 pm Featured Speaker
- 8:30-9:00 pm Networking
- We meet on the 2nd Thursday of Every Month (unless otherwise noted)
Coastal REIA Meeting – **New Location**
Thursday March 9, 2017
The Terraces on Sir Tyler – Ballroom 3rd Floor1826 Sir Tyler Dr
Wilmington, NC 28405
Life’s A Beach! Investing In Beach Properties
Jim Kitts, Owner, Carolina Beach Realty on Carolina Beach Vacation Rentals
What you need to know about beach properties
- What are pro’s and cons about owning beach property and vacation rentals?
- How much money can you expect to make?
- What is the rental season?
- How can you maximize profits?
- How do you rent vacation rentals?
- What jobs or skillsets does managing a beach rental entail?
- What are the key differences between vacation rentals and annual rentals?
- What are the basic laws or rules that are applied to beach rentals? How are these different from annual rentals?
- What are the hidden benefits of beach rentals or the hidden pitfalls?
- What kind of special rules does the state or municipality require of beach rentals (taxes, regulation, or other unique laws)
- How does a manager account for everything? How can you verify a manager is reporting to you correctly? What are the checks and balances?
- What success and horror stories has Jim seen in his years as a property manager?
Richard Horn, Pleasure Island Insurance
What you need to know about insurance to get the best rates, Homeowners, Wind & Hail, Liability and Flood Insurance
- How do Insurers come up with a quote, How can I get the best value?
- What types of Insurance should I consider as an investor?
- What are the different types of home owners policies? What are the differences?
- How is replacement cost calculated? How can I get the replacement cost lowered if I think it’s wrong?
- How does flood insurance work?
- What makes one insurance companies policy worth more or less? Will my claim be paid if I’m insured by a lower cost insurer?
- What are the very best tips to get the best value when buying insurance?
See you there….
Non-members are $15 at the door
Active military and students admitted FREE with ID
Coastal REIA Members – FREE
Coastal Carolina REIA Membership
Benefits of Membership
- Free admission to monthly meetings
- Workshops (Most are free to members)
- Special interest sub-groups
- Smaller discussion groups focused on very specific aspects of investing
- Special offers from Premium Vendors
- Access To Best-in-class Local Market Updates
- Live Deal Pitching During Meetings
- Deal Pitching On Our Discussion Boards 24/7 (Coming Soon!)
Types & Costs of Membership
- Individual/Spouse Membership $100/Year
- Premium Vendor Membership $350/Year
- Web Only Vendor Membership $100/Year
Premium Vendor Membership
- Premuim Vendors promote their businesses to our members and guests. At only $350 annually, it’s a great bargain and gets your business in front of our members, guests and website visitors.
- Set up a table/booth at our monthly membership meetings (2nd Thursday of each month)
- Present a “2-minute” commercial to our meeting audience
- Business-card sized, full color ad on our website (see the Vendor Page)
- Direct link to your company website
- Direct link to your email contact
- Contact info listed with phone, fax, other.
- All the benefits enjoyed by our Individual/Spouse Members
- FREE table at our annual Vendor Expo (usually held late winter, early spring)
- Unlimited exposure to our investment-minded members, guests and website visitors!
A great value for your marketing dollar!!!
See our Vendors page for more information!
What Are You Waiting For? Join Today!
Need To Renew Your Existing Membership?
Join Our Mailing List
Our newsletter is a great way to stay informed about upcoming meetings, latest real estate happenings and member property deals! Sign up today!
- A membership in CCREIA give you great resources for all of your real estate investing needs! At only $100 per year, you and a spouse/business partner can enjoy all the benefits of CCREIA membership including free admission to our monthly educational/networking meetings, participation in our subgroups and exclusive access to the jam-packed members-only area of our website.
Premium Vendor Membership
- Premium Vendors promote their businesses to our members and guests. At only $350 annually, it’s a great bargain and gets your business in front of our members, guests and website visitors.
- Our Premium Vendors come services for all areas of the real estate investing. From mortgage brokers to real estate agents and attorneys and everything in between, investors are always looking to add to their REI team. A Premium Vendor Membership promotes your company front and center on our website and at each monthly meeting.
Web Only Vendor Membership
- Ideal for the business-owner who wants exposure to our members, guests and website visitors via our website. A great value at only $100 per year, you can list your business on our site with direct links to you and your organization.